Posted on March 23, 2020 at 1:22 PM by Ray Munch
The City of DeKalb’s Building Department will continue accepting permit applications and conducting building inspections. We are taking precautions to keep our Inspectors and the Contractors/Owners safe.
- All permit application forms can be found on the City’s website.
- These forms along with the appropriate submittals can be mailed, emailed or dropped off at City Hall. We encourage you to email or snail mail your documents. The City lobby is closed, but we will accept permit applications at the door. If you are dropping off, please call ahead to make arrangements for delivery. If you need help with forms, please call to discuss over the phone or email your questions to the Building Department.
- When contacting the Building Department to schedule an inspection you will be asked several questions:
- How many people will be at the inspection?
- Has anyone in the home been sick, running a fever, coughing or sneezing
- If the Inspector suspects someone is sick, coughing or sneezing, the Inspector will leave the premises. The inspection will be rescheduled for another time.
Please know the Building Department is here to help your project succeed and will do everything we can to see it to completion.
Email applications/documents to: Aaron Walker
Call with questions or concerns 815-748-2070.