Vacancies will be posted through our online job application system as positions become available. After reviewing the job description, you will have the opportunity to complete an online application.
If this is the first time you are applying through our online job application system, you will need to create an account including a Username and Password to store your profile information. You will have the ability to update your profile application any time prior to applying for an open position. You will also be able to receive notifications for future job opportunities. Once you log in to your profile, you will have the opportunity to update your application and apply to positions as they become available. A new application must be submitted each time you want to apply for a posted position, even if it is a position for which you have previously applied.
Please be sure to read the entire employment application carefully and answer all the questions even if you are submitting a resume with your application. All relevant fields on the application must be completed to be considered for the vacancy.
- If you do not have access to a computer at home to submit an online application, computer access is available at public libraries, workforce centers or at City Hall.
- If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 815-748-2300 or email@example.com.
- The City of DeKalb participates in E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services that allows employers to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States.
- Information provided by applicants for career opportunities may be used to conduct background checks, reference checks or other activities related to the hiring process.
- Because of the volume of applications received for some positions, not all applicants are granted an opportunity to interview. If you are selected to interview, a representative from the Human Resources Department will contact you after the advertised closing date for the vacancy.