Housing Rehabilitation Assistance
Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program
This program is designed to assist eligible DeKalb residents with emergency and health- and safety-related rehabilitation projects on their homes. Funding for this program comes from the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Tax Increment Financing (TIF) programs.
- Accessibility Modifications
- Furnace/Water Heater
- Interior Electrical
- Sewer Lateral
Eligible Applicants (must meet all requirements below)
- Owner of the property
- Resides in the property
- Annual household income is less than HUD-established income limits, including all sources of income from all residents ages 18 and older
Eligible Properties (must meet all requirements below)
- Located within City of DeKalb corporate limits
- Complies with proper zoning standards
- Single-family home, condominium, duplex (no mobile homes)
- Value is less than HUD-established DeKalb property value limits, based upon tax assessment
- Not for sale or under contract
How to Apply
- View the CDBG/TIF Owner-Occupied Private Property Rehabilitation Program Guidelines, and
- Submit the completed Private Property Rehabilitation Program Application with all required documentation.
Housing Rehabilitation Volunteer Assistance
The City of DeKalb also participates in volunteer assistance projects for residents. Projects include spring and fall yard clean-up and landscaping, painting, weatherization projects and clinics. Projects are coordinated as volunteers and projects are available.
For More Information
Please contact the City of DeKalb Neighborhood Program Specialist by email or call 815-748-2366.