What information do you have regarding senior citizens?
Unfortunately, senior citizens are a target of fraud and abuse. Just remember, never release personal information over the telephone or to a stranger who has come to your home. Never give out your date of birth, driver’s license number, bank account numbers, or credit card numbers to anyone. If you think you have been a victim of a crime or have accidentally given personal information to someone, you may call the police department any time at 815-748-8400.

Help is available by additional agencies such as Elder Care Services of DeKalb County (815-758-6550), Senior Help Abuse Hotline (800-252-8955, 800-279-0400 {weekends}), and Hard of Hearing (800-526-0844). The Senior Help Abuse Hotline is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m..

Show All Answers

1. When should I use 911?
2. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
3. Where do I obtain crime prevention information?
4. How can I obtain an order of protection?
5. What can I do about annoying/harassing phone calls?
6. How do I report suspected drug trafficking in my neighborhood?
7. What information do you have regarding senior citizens?
8. Where can I buy pepper spray?