How do I contest a parking ticket citation/violation?

You must speak to the officer who wrote you the parking ticket. The officer will decide if s/he will void or uphold the ticket. Should the officer uphold the ticket and you are still unsatisfied, you may request an administrative hearing. You will then appear before an administrative hearing officer to present testimony and a decision will be made by the hearing officer.

A brochure containing information about the administrative hearing process is available.

Show All Answers

1. When should I use 911?
2. Where do I report a problem with a street light?
3. How do I apply for a job with the city?
4. How do I contest a parking ticket citation/violation?
5. What can I do about loud parties/noises?
6. How can I tell if my property is in the floodplain and if mandatory purchase of flood insurance is required?
7. What are the hours for City Hall?
8. How do I pay my water bill or make account changes?
9. How do I submit a Freedom of Information Act Request?
10. I am new tenant in DeKalb, what do I need to know?
11. Who prepares the City’s budget?
12. I want to have a block party, what do I need to do?
13. My mailbox has been damaged by a City vehicle, will the City fix it?