Corn Fest will be downtown DeKalb on August 27th-29th. Here are the parking lot and road closures that will happening for the event, which runs Aug. 27-29.
The carnival is located in the city lots of Glidden, Ellwood, and Haish, which are located between Oak and Locust Street off of 2nd and 3rd Street. The carnival will also be in the parking lots of Finch Funeral Home, DeKalb Public Library and Frontier Communications. These parking lots will close Tuesday, August 24th at 6pm and will remain closed until 7am Monday morning for set up/tear down.
Closures for Thursday, August 26th at 4pm are as follows:
• Lincoln Hwy. between 1st and 4th Street
• 2nd Street from the railroad tracks north to Oak Street
• 3rd Street from the railroad tracks north to Oak Street
• Locust Street between 1st and 4th St.
• Palmer Ct. between 2nd and 3rd St. will be closed at 10am
• The city parking lot behind the DeKalb City Hall, Embrey Lot will remain open until 5pm on Aug. 26th. A limited number of parking spaces will be open for customers of Barb City Bagels throughout the festival.
There will be signs posted by the City of DeKalb in advance as a reminder. Any vehicles in violation will be towed at the owner's expense.
The city lots at 4th and Grove and 2nd and Grove will remain open throughout the festival. There will also be street parking on Locust Street on the east side of 4th Street available for use.
Here more information on the festival, visit cornfest.com.
We would like to thank everyone in advance for your patience and understanding! We look forward to a great Corn Fest 2021 in downtown DeKalb!