Airport Advisory Board
The Airport Advisory Board study the relationship of the airport management to the City and its citizens with the view towards the maximum protection of the public health, welfare, and safety as well as the establishment of a line of communication and the maintenance of good public relations. It shall study the economic feasibility of various land uses of adjacent property and, in particular, the use of said land for industrial or recreational use.
The Board shall study the Airport Master Plan and shall make proposals, when necessary, of methods to accomplish said plan for a period of the next 20 years.
The Airport Advisory Board meets the 4th Tuesday of every month at the DeKalb Taylor Municipal Airport.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The duties and responsibilities of the Board shall include but are not limited to the following:
- The Board shall participate in the development of the ongoing airport business plan. The business plan integrates airport capital master planning with airport financial planning. The plan provides guidance for the operation and development of the airport. The Board shall consider airport operations, organizational development, finance, capital planning, business and revenue development and targets, property management, airport marketing, and airport services management and development in the ongoing updating of the business plan.
- The Board shall participate in the development of a regional marketing strategy that sets forth specific goals and action plans to identify target markets for increasing business, promote the airport and the services offered to target markets, educate regional stakeholders on the importance of the airport as a community-wide asset and define the current and potential future economic value of the airport.
- The Board shall send copies of its minutes to the City Council and the City Manager, and shall make reports as is necessary or as may be requested by the City Council.
- Robert Owens – Chair
- Bernard Pupino – Vice-Chair
- Scott Carlson
- Matt Duffy
- James Rhoades
- Mike Verbic - Council Liaison
Related Municipal Code
See Municipal Code Chapter 45 (PDF) for more information about the Airport Advisory Board. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the staff liaison.