In early 2019, the City's website will undergo a scheduled refresh as provided for in our existing contract with Civic Plus. The City is seeking feedback on potential changes to the website. In an effort to get the most participation from resident's, the City will be hosting multiple public forums and launching a survey to refresh the website into the most user-friendly and information-centric website possible.
The following is a list of the forums which will be held on a variety of dates, times, and locations to encourage as much participation as possible.
- Tuesday, October 23, 6:30 p.m. at City Hall - 200 South Fourth Street
- Monday, October 29, 10:00 a.m. at City Hall - 200 South Fourth Street
- Thursday, November 8, 6:30 p.m. at Hopkins Park - 1403 Sycamore Road
- Wednesday, November 14, 6:30 p.m. at the DeKalb Public Library - 309 Oak Street
Below are the names and URLs to five different communities' who use CivicPlus, our website provider. These sites provide examples of possible layouts/designs that the City of DeKalb can incorporate into our website refresh. If you are planning on attending one of the community forums please browse these websites for ideas.
- Portland, Maine - https://www.portlandmaine.gov/
- Riley County, Kansas - http://www.rileycountyks.gov/
- Oak Hill, Tennessee - https://oakhilltn.us/
- Berea, Ohio - https://www.cityofberea.org/
- Elgin, Illinois - https://www.cityofelgin.org/
Below is the link to access the brief survey about the website. This survey asks about the overall functionality and ease of access to information throughout the website. It also allows residents an opportunity to voice any other suggestions on what needs to be done for the website.
Please click here to take the brief the survey Opens a New Window. , or cut and paste the following URL:
If you have any comments or questions about the website forums please contact Jason Blumenthal via e-mail or by calling 815-748-2396.